After two out of three successful tips on Friday night for an overall profit, A look at the seven Friends Life T20 cricket fixtures taking place on Sunday afternoon, with another set of betting recommendations

Recommendations

Northants to beat Glamorgan at Evens with BetVictor

Middlesex to beat Hampshire at 11/10 with BetVictor

Sussex to beat Essex at Evens with Boylesports

In the North Group Lancashire play Durham and Derbyshire host Yorkshire in what are two difficult games to call. Instead I choose to focus on games in the other two groups.

First in the Midlands and West Group Northampton sees a clash between first and second as top of the group, surprise package Glamorgan who were successful for us on Friday night, visit Northamptonshire. These are two unfashionable counties who are out-performing expectations this season.

Perennially a disappointing one day team the management this year have invested in big hitting overseas batting resources in Richard Levi and Cameron White. Compared to previous years they are now putting up totals that an emerging bowling attack can defend. Azarullah and David Willey (pictured) are proving to be skilled one-day performers with the ball and priced as underdogs at home Northants are worthy of an investment against Glamorgan.

Elsewhere in the group Somerset host Worcestershire but are prohibitively priced at 1/3 to record an expected victory. Gloucestershire host Warwickshire also in a tough game to predict. The Northampton match is definitely the betting value in this group on Sunday.

In the always competitive South Group, Middlesex overcame Essex on Friday night to record a winning tip for us and move to the head of the group. Tomorrow they host Hampshire at Lords. Hampshire overcame Sussex on the last ball on Friday night and as defending champions from last year’s competition are always to be respected. In what should be a tight match I favour the underdog, here Middlesex at 5/4, who perform well above the sum of their individual parts and are unlikely to prepare the type of slow low pitch that Hampshire so thrives upon on their home ground in Southampton.

Elsewhere in the South Group Essex host Sussex at Chelmsford. Predicting Essex’s results and performances at home is tricky. The team is inconsistent and the ground is small. On Friday night in blameless conditions they were bowled out for 75 batting first, for example.

Rather than hope for a bounce-back from Essex, I prefer to favour a big hitting Sussex side who should be suited by Chelmsford’s relatively small dimensions. In Chris Nash, Scott Styris (pictured) and Rory Hamilton-Brown they have players that can set a demanding target, and chase down a big one. Having underperformed in this season’s competition so far despite lofty expecations from fans and bettors alike, I expect them to win. Attractively, given Sussex’s ability the game is priced as a “pick-em” and we can get on Sussex at Evens.

Recommendations

Northants to beat Glamorgan at Evens with  BetVictor

Middlesex to beat Hampshire at 11/10 with BetVictor

Sussex to beat Essex at with Evens with BoyleSports