Richard Hannon’s filly Maureen is the hot favourite for the 2012 Cheveley Park Stakes, but can anything beat her? We’ve analysed the big race trends and come up with an interesting alternative (pictured), currently on offer with BetVictor at 4/1 (5.00).
So as always, let’s take a look at the key Cheveley Park Stakes trends to get an idea of what we should be searching for in the 2012 line up.
- All of the last 12 Cheveley Park Stakes winners were born in January, February or March
- Just 1 of the last 12 winners were sired by a stallion with a stamina index of greater than 10.0
The Cheveley Park Stakes is for two year olds only, so it makes sense that those born earlier in the year will be more mature (and therefore physically stronger, which will improve their chances of landing the race). The second of these trends suggests that we should be looking for a filly whose pedigree emphasizes speed rather than stamina.
- 10 of the last 12 Cheveley Park Stakes winners had won last time out
This trend suggests that a potential Cheveley Park Stakes winner should be arriving at Newmarket in decent form.
- All of the last 12 winners of the Cheveley Park Stakes had won over 6f
- 11 of the last 12 winners had won at least two career races
- 11 of the last 12 winners made their racecourse debut in May, June or July
- 10 of the last 12 winners had contested a Group race
- 10 of the last 12 winners had won either a Listed or Group race
There are quite a few Cheveley Park Stakes trends concerning past form of the horse, most notably that all of last 12 winners had proven themselves over six furlongs, with the vast majority having won more than once in their career. The other trends suggest that the 2012 Cheveley Park Stakes winner is likely to be a classy sort.
When applying these trends to the 2012 Cheveley Park Stakes field, two fillies immediately jump out: Sendmylovetorose and Rosdhu Queen (pictured).
Of the two, I would prefer to side with the William Haggas trained Rosdhu Queen, as she recently won the Group 2 Lowther Stakes, a race that has provided 4 of the last 12 Cheveley Park Stakes winners.
Sendmylovetorose looks a great price at 11/1 (12.00) with William Hill, but I’m afraid that she needs it soft to be at her best.
The 2012 Cheveley Park Stakes
Saturday 29th September, 14:35
Rosdhu Queen @ 4/1 (5.00) with BetVictor
Follow us on Twitter @betpal_ to make sure you see all of our free horse racing tips!